One-Stop Educational and Community Service Center
Miami-Dade County Public Schools partnered with the Juvenile Justice System as well as with several community partners to provide transitional services assisting adjudicated students in their transition back to appropriate educational settings. At one centralized location, students that have been released from adjudication by the Justice System are referred to the One-Stop Center to receive an educational assessment by the DEOA staff. Students will also have access to community service agencies for additional support. The following services are provided:
- Comprehensive multi-disciplinary educational assessment and advisement;
- Referral to appropriate Miami-Dade County Public Schools support services;
- Transition advisement and placement in a K-12 or high school completion program;
- Educational case management and academic progress monitoring;
- Specialized services that utilize family and community interventions;
- Alternative to suspension services.
Your Future Starts Today!