Clery Act Disclosure Security Policy
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Section 485(f) of the HEA, Title 34 C.F.R 668) is a federal statute requiring Title IV Schools to comply with the following:
- Collect classify, maintain and count crime reports and crime statistics.
- Issue timely warnings and emergency notifications to students and employees.
- Publish an annual security report with both statistics and policy statements, to include compliance with the Violence Against Women Act.
- Submit annual crime statistics to the U.S. Department of Education.
- Institutions with campus police or security departments must maintain a daily crime log.
- School crime statistics will be provided by the Miami-Dade Schools Police (MDSP).
- All HEA Title IV eligible schools must have their crime statistics posted on the schools’ websites and make these reports available to students, employees and the community.